Tuesday, April 14, 2009

testing the strong ones

Growing up is rough.


It's interesting when you reach a point in your life when you look around and wonder where you stand with everyone else around you.
Although I feel like I've learned so much about life and friendship and communication and relationships... I can't help but feel somewhat out-of-touch.
I hate that feeling.
I hate being so busy in my head that I can't keep up with the outside world.
But I guess that's life... we choose our company.
I think there comes a time in everyone's life when we really evaluate our friendships-- both old and new. The old friends are the ones that are there for you like they were back then, and they know every bump and scrape in your life. They are friends by situation.
New friends are those by choice. When your maturity allows you to know the difference between people who are good for you, and those who are not. You pick these friends because you can. Because you want to.

Friendship shouldn't be a competition. It should be about compassion.

No comments: